To empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions clubs.
- Organize, charter and supervise service clubs to be known as Lions clubs.
- Coordinate the activities and standardize the administration of Lions clubs.
- Create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- Promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- Take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- Unite the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- Provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- Encourage service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors.